What's new

BIOS Surface Book 1 UEFI Password

Hi All,

I need some help with a Surface book 1 UEFI Password

It will boot into windows but cannot get into the UEFI

I have not done any BIOS reprogramming before so I have a couple of questions

Can I simply remove the winbond chip from another board and put on this one? I have a couple of boards I can remove parts from?

Alternatively is is possible to reprogram the chip without removing it from the board?

I have a revelprog is programmer available to me which I know supports the winbond W25Q128FV chip

Thanks

I have found the 128 chip, removed one from an old board (no password) and got the 16mb file of it just fine, but the board with the password I just cant get the chip off, it just will not move it it now looks like the chip may be damaged with the excess heat

Can you still do it without the original bios? I will keep trying to get the chip off if so
You can program it to check the results first, the BIOS has no password we don't need to do anything more

You can program it to check the results first, the BIOS has no password we don't need to do anything more

what do you mean by program it?
the is an original chip from another board, Do you mean I can just attach the chip without a password to the board?

what do you mean by program it?
the is an original chip from another board, Do you mean I can just attach the chip without a password to the board?
You said the chip whose password has been broken shows that the computer has died, what do you care about the password?

You said the chip whose password has been broken shows that the computer has died, what do you care about the password?

yes that is correct but I do not have a copy of the original bios now, is it possible to install this chip that I pulled from another board?

yes that is correct but I do not have a copy of the original bios now, is it possible to install this chip that I pulled from another board?
Why don't you try before asking me? As long as it has the same model and you pray for it to work

Why don't you try before asking me? As long as it has the same model and you pray for it to work

I thought I would ask first just in case something needed to be changed before installing, after all you are the expert not me :)

I will try it tomorrow and let you know

I thought I would ask first just in case something needed to be changed before installing, after all you are the expert not me :)

I will try it tomorrow and let you know
After programming the results will take into account the need to modify the BIOS. Cannot be changed or edited without knowing the result of it.

Back