What's new

BIOS Surface Book 1 UEFI Password

Hi All,

I need some help with a Surface book 1 UEFI Password

It will boot into windows but cannot get into the UEFI

I have not done any BIOS reprogramming before so I have a couple of questions

Can I simply remove the winbond chip from another board and put on this one? I have a couple of boards I can remove parts from?

Alternatively is is possible to reprogram the chip without removing it from the board?

I have a revelprog is programmer available to me which I know supports the winbond W25Q128FV chip

Thanks

Hi All,

I need some help with a Surface book 1 UEFI Password

It will boot into windows but cannot get into the UEFI

I have not done any BIOS reprogramming before so I have a couple of questions

Can I simply remove the winbond chip from another board and put on this one? I have a couple of boards I can remove parts from?

Alternatively is is possible to reprogram the chip without removing it from the board?

I have a revelprog is programmer available to me which I know supports the winbond W25Q128FV chip

Thanks
Send i fiel BIOS 16MB lock i help

Yes, I understand what you want me to send you

How do I extract the locked bios file?

Is there are way to extract original bios without removing the chip from the board?
Want to unlock the BIOS you must be a technical and know how to backup the BIOS. otherwise you need to take the computer to a repair shop for assistance.

Want to unlock the BIOS you must be a technical and know how to backup the BIOS. otherwise you need to take the computer to a repair shop for assistance.
Replacing winbond may cause the computer to not work properly or may die, programming the BIOS to remove the motherboard.

I have repaired hundreds of Microsoft Surface products but I have never had to deal with a UEFI password, please just a little bit of assistance is all I need.

what I am asking is if it possible to retrieve the original bios without removing the winbond chip off the mother board?

If that is what needs to be done then I will do it and send the file, I just want to make sure there is no other method before I do that

Can you assist?
Please just give me instructions on what you need and i will do them
First, buy a programming tool and learn how to use it first.

But I warn you that this is not all and it is not simply that all techniques need to have a certain level of ability to read and program the BIOS.

First, buy a programming tool and learn how to use it first.

But I warn you that this is not all and it is not simply that all techniques need to have a certain level of ability to read and program the BIOS.

Yes I understand that

As I mentioned in my first post I already have a programmer and I can extract the bios no.problem that way

I was asking if there was a way to dump the bios without removing the board?

I have pulled the mainboard out, however there are two winbond 25X40CLIG chips on it both a close to together on the board, is there anyway to identify which is the bios?

I have pulled the mainboard out, however there are two winbond 25X40CLIG chips on it both a close to together on the board, is there anyway to identify which is the bios?
You only need to consider a single 16MB chip (128)

I have found the 128 chip, removed one from an old board (no password) and got the 16mb file of it just fine, but the board with the password I just cant get the chip off, it just will not move it it now looks like the chip may be damaged with the excess heat

Can you still do it without the original bios? I will keep trying to get the chip off if so

Download list

Back