Rewrite the SN / UUID after programming MEC for Lenovo

ThienBui

Techniques
Supporter
Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
EC MEC1633, MEC1632, MEC1609, MEC16, MEC50
note: Many users ask how to crack the superuser password. This chip is 192KB of Flash plus 2KB of EEPROM (stores the SVP superuser password and UUID). Through the JTAG interface, the flash can be read and written, and the EEPROM can be written but not read. Selecting "MEC1633_256K" to read and write will clear the EEPROM area where the SVP superuser password and UUID are located (the actual capacity is only 2KB). Then use the following tools to rewrite the SN / UUID.

ThinkPad-Hardware-Maintenance-Diskette-Version-190.exe
Thinkpad Maintenance Disk instructions.pdf

View attachment How to Change Serial Numb.mp4

Download list

Hello, I have found the solution to program the EC DMI data on newer lenovo thinkpads:

Go to this site and download the package and follow the instructions

With this tool you can program all newer lenovos, is a hacked version of the official lenovo tool.

note: Many users ask how to crack the superuser password. This chip is 192KB of Flash plus 2KB of EEPROM (stores the SVP superuser password and UUID). Through the JTAG interface, the flash can be read and written, and the EEPROM can be written but not read. Selecting "MEC1633_256K" to read and write will clear the EEPROM area where the SVP superuser password and UUID are located (the actual capacity is only 2KB). Then use the following tools to rewrite the SN / UUID.

View attachment 112117
hola, he intentado introducir los datos de serial en la bios, pero al parecer el dump que usted me envio tiene proteccion contra escritura,,?algun consejo?

Download list

protecion-bios.jpeg
hola, he intentado introducir los datos de serial en la bios, pero al parecer el dump que usted me envio tiene proteccion contra escritura,,?algun consejo?
Hola, no se puede hacer con el maintenance disk, debes usar la herramienta U1 que he subido antes, el maintenance diskette no funciona con los bios uefi.
Lo unico que no podràs escribir es el UUID (almenos yo no lo he logrado) pero todo los demas (SN, TYPE etc) se puede.

Saludos

Hola, no se puede hacer con el maintenance disk, debes usar la herramienta U1 que he subido antes, el maintenance diskette no funciona con los bios uefi.
Lo unico que no podràs escribir es el UUID (almenos yo no lo he logrado) pero todo los demas (SN, TYPE etc) se puede.

Saludos
¡¡muchas gracias ¡¡por tu respuesta, ?me podria indicar donde esta alojado el programa o poner el enlace del mismo, estaria muy agradecido, saludos

¡¡muchas gracias ¡¡por tu respuesta, ?me podria indicar donde esta alojado el programa o poner el enlace del mismo, estaria muy agradecido, saludos
Hello, I have found the solution to program the EC DMI data on newer lenovo thinkpads:

Go to this site and download the package and follow the instructions

github.com

GitHub - ASparkOfFire/lenovo-u1-tool: Lenovo Uone Tool for Updating machine's Serial and Model information in UEFI/BIOS.

Lenovo Uone Tool for Updating machine's Serial and Model information in UEFI/BIOS. - GitHub - ASparkOfFire/lenovo-u1-tool: Lenovo Uone Tool for Updating machine's Serial and Model informati...

With this tool you can program all newer lenovos, is a hacked version of the official lenovo tool.

En este mensaje, descargue los 2 archivos y siga las instruciones para crear la llave usb para programar, el sistema tiene que seteado en modo uefi.

View attachment 112117
not working this software

It looks like you are using the Maintenance Diskette software, if your system is a UEFI model it WILL NOT WORK on newer UEFI systems and it shows this error, you must download the U1 tool I linked above, I have successfully rewrite the L4xx - L5xx series, the E14 and E15 too, the only thing I could not do is to reset the UUID, but the serial number machine type system board serial number other DMI info can be set.
The system must be set to boot on UEFI mode secure boot OFF for this to work.

Back