What's new

Warning!! - machine is not in committed state!

ThienBui

Techniques
Supporter
How to fix?
Warning machine is not in committed state
Warning: This BIOS is Not for Production Use.
Downloads AMTBrand tool

Brand11:
1. Copy folder Brand11 to the root of the USB key formatted as FAT32.
*** Your USB key should have less than 40 folders and files in the root. ***
2. Goes to F10 -> System Configuration -> Boot options -> UEFI Boot Mode
-> Press "Enter" to enable EFI boot -> Select "Accept" -> Save and exit.
3. Press F9 then "Boot from EFI File", then select your USB key -> Brand11
-> Bootx64.efi -> Press enter to run startup.nsh
4. Follow menu to commit AMT and AT.
Chose 1 to commit VPRO with AT, or 3 to commit Non-VPRO with AT
5. Press 9 and then Enter key to lock descriptor and reboot the machine.
6. Press F9 then "Boot from EFI File", then select your USB key -> Brand11
-> Bootx64.efi. You should see the message "Pass!!! This machine is configured"
7. Reboot to F10 and disable EFI boot mode. Done.

Brand12:
1. Copy folder Brand12 to the root of the USB key formatted as FAT16/FAT32.
2. Goes to F10 -> System Configuration -> Boot options -> UEFI Boot Mode -> Press "Enter" to enable EFI boot -> Select "Accept" -> Save and exit.
3. Press F9 then ìBoot from EFI Fileî, then select your USB key -> Brand12 -> Bootx64.efi.

Brand13:
1. Copy folder Brand13 to the root of the USB key formatted as FAT16/FAT32.
2. Goes to F10 -> System Configuration -> Boot options -> Boot Mode -> Choose "UEFI Hybrid" mode -> Save and exit.
3. Press F9 then ìBoot from EFI Fileî, then select your USB key -> Brand13 -> Bootx64.efi.
4. Follow menu to commit AMT

warning machine is not in committed state.jpg

Download list

HP_tools.zip
6.3 MB · Views: 3,940

BIOS issues after motherboard swap on a HP Elitebook 8560w

Since I have exhausted all possible ways on the internet to solve this issue, I thought to give it one last try and publish it here – maybe an expert can suggest a solution.

Preamble:

I probably fried my old motherboard with a bad power-connector, so I decided to get a new one. The old motherboard was built for a dual core CPU, but since I found a cheap, new motherboard with quadcore CPU and since on the HP forurms I read it was possible to upgrade from a dual core mother board to a quadcore motherboard ( 684319-001 ), I decided to upgrade the motherboard and also get a new used (quadcore) i7 2760QM. Replacing the motherboard went rather smooth, I only realised that the LCD cable was damaged (it was giving black screen), so I had to replace that as well.

Symptoms:

Having replaced the motherboard, I started getting the message “Warning – machine not in committed state”, but after a split second Windows 10 boots normally (I actually was surprised I didn’t have to reinstall the OS). Furthermore, when I unplug the laptop from the power cord, the screen starts flickering before turning off, but the machine keeps running. The screen also turns off when unplugging the power while in BIOS, so I guess it is not an issue linked to power plans and other Windows stuff.

Things I’ve tried:

I thought the best thing is to leave aside the power issue for now and solve first the software issue hoping that it would also be responsible for the power issue.

First I successfully updated the BIOS to the last available version, F.60.

Then, to get rid of the BIOS error message my first approach was to use the AMTool from ( www.compit.se/?p=206 ), even though I used the HPUSBFW tool to generate a DOS bootable USB stick instead of virtual floppy drive, which won’t run on x64 machines.

When I read the AMT, I get

VPro uncommitted

Descriptor unlocked

Management Engine enabled

Flash protection override disabled

Which is regular, except for the Management Engine, which in theory should be disabled. On the attempt to shutoff or turn on the ATM I get the error

Vpro Configuration not supported (Write) Error level == 7

I checked on the Intel website whether the CPU, has VPro (it has). I also unplugged the MB battery (coin battery) from the motherboard in hope it would reset the VPro as I bought a used CPU, but it didn’t help.

My next guess was that the AMTool won’t work on an unbranded motherboard, so I tried various versions of NBDIMIFIT (from, for example ftp://ftp.grouped-tech.com/Applications/HP%20Tools/ ), but when trying to save P/N(Sku), model name etc., the outcome is always

Failed to write SKU number.

Failed to write model name.

After that the NBDIMIFIT.bat prompts me to prepare a FAT32 USB stick with the content of Brand11 in it, enable UEFI boot mode and boot from the efi file bootx64.efi. But this doesn’t work either – the machine won’t boot and show a black screen with white cursor (not blinking), so I guess it freezes. I tried different .efi files but with no success. I even tried a windows bootx64.efi file to see if there is a problem with the uefi boot in general, but with no success, the error being that some booting info is missing due to recent hardware changes.

These are all possible approaches to the problem I’ve found. Just to recap, the motherboard is new (not used) while the cpu is a used one. For now, unless there is no saint out there with a solution to the problem, I’ll ignore the “not in committed state” warning, hoping it won’t cause issues further down the road and get a new battery in hope it will solve the power issue. Any advice is greatly appreciated of course.

Only the message that the files are not working appears.
brand11, brand12, brand13 not working....

Download list

11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg
I need a help for this bios
i try with this metod but no result.

SN 5CG50303WQ
MAc Adress D0BF9CDF9155
UUID A9F6BBFF-1DF5-11E4-8402-B24C3C03C0FF
PCID A3009F410303
product L3V91EC#ABY

Download list

IMG_1745.JPG
HP_6050A2637901_Clear me.bin
16 MB · Views: 73

Last edited:
I dont have old bios, the laptop comes in service with dumps from internet.

Now the laptop logo appers quick , all drivers are installed, but receive this error at start up. I want to remove error

Still not fix the problem , receiving error MPM is not unlocked. Will not be able to set bios settings , please escalade with UUID to get SMC blob to unlock MPM .

All info have in file bios 8MB or 16MB (PCH)...
You do not understand what I say ?

This file was created by hp.

The UUID and serial numbers in the file can be changed and the serial numbers in the notebooks are reset.

With Win + down + up key combination

How to fix?
Warning machine is not in committed state
Warning: This BIOS is Not for Production Use.
Downloads AMTBrand tool

Brand11:
1. Copy folder Brand11 to the root of the USB key formatted as FAT32.
2. Goes to F10 -> System Configuration -> Boot options -> UEFI Boot Mode
-> Press "Enter" to enable EFI boot -> Select "Accept" -> Save and exit.
3. Press F9 then "Boot from EFI File", then select your USB key -> Brand11
-> Bootx64.efi -> Press enter to run startup.nsh
Chose 1 to commit VPRO with AT, or 3 to commit Non-VPRO with AT
5. Press 9 and then Enter key to lock descriptor and reboot the machine.
6. Press F9 then "Boot from EFI File", then select your USB key -> Brand11
-> Bootx64.efi. You should see the message "Pass!!! This machine is configured"
7. Reboot to F10 and disable EFI boot mode. Done.

Brand12:
1. Copy folder Brand12 to the root of the USB key formatted as FAT16/FAT32.
2. Goes to F10 -> System Configuration -> Boot options -> UEFI Boot Mode -> Press "Enter" to enable EFI boot -> Select "Accept" -> Save and exit.
3. Press F9 then ìBoot from EFI Fileî, then select your USB key -> Brand12 -> Bootx64.efi.

Brand13:
1. Copy folder Brand13 to the root of the USB key formatted as FAT16/FAT32.
2. Goes to F10 -> System Configuration -> Boot options -> Boot Mode -> Choose "UEFI Hybrid" mode -> Save and exit.
3. Press F9 then ìBoot from EFI Fileî, then select your USB key -> Brand13 -> Bootx64.efi.
4. Follow menu to commit AMT

View attachment 47595
Đã làm 3 cách này mà vẫn còn nổi dòng chữ đỏ ad ơi, máy zbook 15 bị pass bios, chép bios clear me của a vô ok, nhưng nổi dòng chữ đỏ Machine is not.....

Latest posts

Back