What's new

MEC 5075 how to disable boot block protection?

abuholm

Registered member
Hello I'm working on Dell E7440 (LA-9591P) with a blank Mec5075 and I want to disable boot block so I can program the entire chip. I read elsewhere that grounding FWP# pin will disable boot block protection, but programmer indicates that boot block is still protected. I am using SVOD1 programmer. Any help will be appreciated.

for what ? Is this like not to fix?
The laptop powers on but no S3 voltages, so I made a backup of the MEC 5075 and realised that it was blank and programmed it , but it is still not booting, so it is likely that the boot block has been affected so I want to program a full factory image into the chip.

The laptop powers on but no S3 voltages, so I made a backup of the MEC 5075 and realised that it was blank and programmed it , but it is still not booting, so it is likely that the boot block has been affected so I want to program a full factory image into the chip.
I think you are going in the wrong direction

So please point me in the right direction.. I do not understand how the MEC became blank.

Okay Thanks, I will order a replacement ( if the client will allow it ) and see how it goes..

Unlock Boot Block
You can unlock the boot block by putting the FirmWareProtect pin FPW# or nFPW to GND. You
can find the correct pin in the Schematics.

Some know this boot block pin also in ThinkPad ?? i need find this in T490. I check schematic but no found ,,FPW'' there.

Can mec 5075 be the cause of no display on screen..but works fine... Have install new bios and I have change the screen cable and the screen as well..but still the screen is blank.....

Latest posts

Back