What's new

Ask Thinkpad P15v Gen 2 Engineering Sample BIOS

Question & Answer Forums

bachtiaryna

Registered member
Hi There,

I managed to get Thinkpad P15v Gen 2 engineering sample laptop with comparable spec to i7-11850H with nVidia T1200 GPU.
The BIOS was unlocked version N38ET10W, so we can setup almost everything (overclock, ram speed, enable disable dGPU, power limit, PCI setting, etc.)
The board is NM-D552 Rev. 0.2 with slightly different orientation of BIOS chip placement with NM-D551 board preview.

Before, the laptop was running smoothly, until I changed some value in the BIOS. Unfortunately I'm not backup the bios before.
Now the laptop can't boot, even the lenovo splash screen won't boot up.

I tried to clear up the NVRAM area in the BIOS but still can't boot. flash with normal BIOS still can't boot.

Hopefully there were someone could help me edited the BIOS.

Download list

P15VG2_Eng_Main_U2001.bin
32 MB · Views: 2

P15VG2_Eng_U4402.bin
32 MB · Views: 2

Hi There,

I managed to get Thinkpad P15v Gen 2 engineering sample laptop with comparable spec to i7-11850H with nVidia T1200 GPU.
The BIOS was unlocked version N38ET10W, so we can setup almost everything (overclock, ram speed, enable disable dGPU, power limit, PCI setting, etc.)
The board is NM-D552 Rev. 0.2 with slightly different orientation of BIOS chip placement with NM-D551 board preview.

Before, the laptop was running smoothly, until I changed some value in the BIOS. Unfortunately I'm not backup the bios before.
Now the laptop can't boot, even the lenovo splash screen won't boot up.

I tried to clear up the NVRAM area in the BIOS but still can't boot. flash with normal BIOS still can't boot.

Hopefully there were someone could help me edited the BIOS.
sorry I not Understand and can not repair from bios

thank you, I'll try it first.

last time I remember there is firmware option (test, production, ignore policy update), normally it is in test. but recently I changed to ignore policy update. there is a warn that those mode will only work in platform.

could you take a look at this option and changed back to test or production ?

Back