What's new

Ask Thinkbook 13s G2 ITL

Question & Answer Forums

arunvj

VIP MEMBER
I had a routine BIOS update on my laptop. But now its refusing to bootup. Sometimes the Power button and keyboard backlight comes on. And sometimes the orange LED on the side on the laptop blinks. The screen is blank, no POST screen or any text / graphics. The bios setup before the update was as attached. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Note: the SSD was replaced recently with a WD green 256 GB ssd, after the stock samsung SSD conked off.

Download list

IMG_7570.jpeg
I had a routine BIOS update on my laptop. But now its refusing to bootup. Sometimes the Power button and keyboard backlight comes on. And sometimes the orange LED on the side on the laptop blinks. The screen is blank, no POST screen or any text / graphics. The bios setup before the update was as attached. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Note: the SSD was replaced recently with a WD green 256 GB ssd, after the stock samsung SSD conked off.
SSD M2 only works with the laptop's original BIOS

What do you mean after connecting the SSD the laptop has no display?
There is a confusion.

The SSD change was done a few days back. It was working fine. I mentioned it to point out the laptop is not in stock configuration.

After updating the BIOS from the Lenovo windows app, the Laptop refused to bootup. The screen doesn't turn on. Just the keyboard backlight turns ON. There is no change in this behavior, with or without the SSD.

There is a confusion.

The SSD change was done a few days back. It was working fine. I mentioned it to point out the laptop is not in stock configuration.

After updating the BIOS from the Lenovo windows app, the Laptop refused to bootup. The screen doesn't turn on. Just the keyboard backlight turns ON. There is no change in this behavior, with or without the SSD.
If it's a bios update problem, you can try setting up another bios for comparison

If it's a bios update problem, you can try setting up another bios for comparison

For any one facing the same problem. The issue was sorted. It was a BIOS update fail. Kept the reset button (the small reset switch on the left side accessible with a sharp pin) and power button pressed for 30 seconds. If the LED's keep blinking, then use power button to shutdown the laptop. Repeat this procedure 3 to 5 times. The BIOS recovery will kick in and restore the BIOS.

Latest posts

Back