X911788-008 REV2.pdf
3.7 MB · Views: 364

A photo Motherboard.pdf
866.3 KB · Views: 392

B photo Motherboard.pdf
689.9 KB · Views: 341

X911788-009 boardview.zip
229 KB · Views: 511

when flashed this bios laptop stuck on surface logo. I have found the the latest UEFI ROM from microsoft, but it's not the full size of the bios region (Bios Region after opening in FIT tool is 10MB). does someone know how to build it to the bios dump? also attached the ME region came from microsoft. and also the EC rom (which came separated, maybe the EC is programmable? or has additional chip for EC rom?)
All files you get from Microsoft are not BIOS.

Original bios error what ?

All files you get from Microsoft are not BIOS.

Original bios error what ?
original bios error, laptop turn on, but no display. after flashing Surface pro 4 i7 8g x911788-009 W25Q128(8K BIT OTP) BF.BIN ----- show display but stuck on surface logo. of course i cleaned ME region. still stuck on logo, can not boot to usb nothing boots

also tried Surface Pro 4 different bioses from this website, all gave no display (probably same model, but different motherboard)

original bios error, laptop turn on, but no display. after flashing Surface pro 4 i7 8g x911788-009 W25Q128(8K BIT OTP) BF.BIN ----- show display but stuck on surface logo. of course i cleaned ME region. still stuck on logo, can not boot to usb nothing boots

also tried Surface Pro 4 different bioses from this website, all gave no display (probably same model, but different motherboard)
Please bios Original error i help check

now i received another surface same model, same problem, client said sudden black screen. i tried many bioses, the only one the shows the screen is this bios i now uploaded, but with this file. surface shows display, but stuck on logo. can't boot to USB, can't go to Bios settings. i tried clean ME with FIT. nothing helps. very strange

Download list

now i received another surface same model, same problem, client said sudden black screen. i tried many bioses, the only one the shows the screen is this bios i now uploaded, but with this file. surface shows display, but stuck on logo. can't boot to USB, can't go to Bios settings. i tried clean ME with FIT. nothing helps. very strange
try it

Download list

test ok.bin.zip
4.7 MB · Views: 54

i think the problem is not only bios. i think there are more eeprom, that need to reprogram. i took this dump from this chip near the EC chip. i think it's the EC rom. can you confirm? do you have a dump?

Download list

20200511_063810.jpg
EC Dump.bin
512 KB · Views: 17

i think the problem is not only bios. i think there are more eeprom, that need to reprogram. i took this dump from this chip near the EC chip. i think it's the EC rom. can you confirm? do you have a dump?
i think you only care file 16MB

i put another Windows PE USB drive, which has windows logon sound. and i hear the logon sound which means, the machine is booting and working in the background. it makes me highly suspect it is the EC rom which is bad too.

do you have the EC dump?

it's a W25D40V chip

i put another Windows PE USB drive, which has windows logon sound. and i hear the logon sound which means, the machine is booting and working in the background. it makes me highly suspect it is the EC rom which is bad too.

do you have the EC dump?

it's a W25D40V chip
i no have, but i sure problem not from it

i no have, but i sure problem not from it
don't be sure.

the problem was after w big windows update, which updated the Bios rom, the EC rom, the Touch rom, the SAM (Surface System Aggregator) rom and the ME region.

all of them got corrupted during the update, i don't know why. maybe micro$oft, tries to kill these surfaces.

i have reflashed the bios with a good bios dump from this forum, and clear ME myself.

now the surface turn on stuck on logo.

but, windows is working in the background, i connected with RDP.

the only FW i can't fix is EC rom and TOUCH rom.

I need a good dump for them.

please help me find a good EC dump, because i have 2 surfaces with the same problem

Download list

Untitled.jpg 20200707_164934.jpg
don't be sure.

the problem was after w big windows update, which updated the Bios rom, the EC rom, the Touch rom, the SAM (Surface System Aggregator) rom and the ME region.

all of them got corrupted during the update, i don't know why. maybe micro$oft, tries to kill these surfaces.

i have reflashed the bios with a good bios dump from this forum, and clear ME myself.

now the surface turn on stuck on logo.

but, windows is working in the background, i connected with RDP.

the only FW i can't fix is EC rom and TOUCH rom.

I need a good dump for them.

please help me find a good EC dump, because i have 2 surfaces with the same problem
All the BIOS I have provided above is problematic, depending on which device you need to identify.

Latest posts

Back