What's new

MDM / Device Enrollment Program (DEP) / Management Mode - MacBook Pro

seattlecomputers

Registered member
MDM / Device Enrollment Program (DEP) / Management Mode - MacBook Pro -

Doing some research on security.

Has there been a confirmed fix for MacBooks that have been registered under a corporate / enterprise device enrollment program (DEP) / MDM mode? (Mobile Device Management)

One would think you could just modify the BIOS and change the serial number... but I think that would be just too easy. Can anyone truly confirm this?

Thanks

After changing the SN, does it stick? Will it remain changed if one were to perform a factory reset, or upgrade to a newer OS?

After changing the SN, does it stick? Will it remain changed if one were to perform a factory reset, or upgrade to a newer OS?
Hello, wondering if you ever figured this out? I changed the efi chip and reflashed it with an unlocked version and it got rid of the firmware lock , but then the mdm message appeared after installation (during setup), I wasn't aware it had mdm on it before. any suggestions?

Hello, wondering if you ever figured this out? I changed the efi chip and reflashed it with an unlocked version and it got rid of the firmware lock , but then the mdm message appeared after installation (during setup), I wasn't aware it had mdm on it before. any suggestions?
Just try to change the serial number and reload the system it’ll work

Latest posts

Back