What's new

Ask Help! Can't Access BIOS Lenovo G580

Question & Answer Forums

WGenius

Registered member
Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hi everyone,
I have a lenovo g580 with and HDD Drive with Windows 10 UEFI installed (v1903) (Secure boot "disabled" and Virtualization "Enabled"), bought an SSD Drive to gain speed, created a bootable USB Stick loaded with Windows 10 (v20H2) UEFI mode created with Rufus without changing anything in BIOS settings, proceeded with the installation everything loaded correctly, installed all the needed drivers, everything was good, until I installed VMWare Workstation, when I found that Virtualization Is DISABLED !!! tried to access BIOS settings with no luck, always getting System/Video BIOS Shadowed.
tried Recovery button the Novo Button Menu comes up with BIOS Setup but no luck, always getting Phoenix SecureCore Tiano.
Also tried to access UEFI through Windows advanced boot Options, I get System/Video BIOS Shadowed too.
What I don't understand, how did secure boot activate, 'cause I'm 100% sure that I did not activate it, I suspect windows installation process did.
I've installed 100+ computers never had that kind of issues
If I put back my old HDD windows loads but then freezes with a BSD (because of secure boot).
Tried to flash the BIOS in windows even that didn't work, I'm out of options 'cause I need Virtualization,
If I change the CPU (Currently I have an intel core i3 2nd gen) with an intel Pentium B960, would that change something or reset BIOS settings !! just a thought.
Or my last option is to re-program the BIOS through a programmer !!
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,
I have a lenovo g580 with and HDD Drive with Windows 10 UEFI installed (v1903) (Secure boot "disabled" and Virtualization "Enabled"), bought an SSD Drive to gain speed, created a bootable USB Stick loaded with Windows 10 (v20H2) UEFI mode created with Rufus without changing anything in BIOS settings, proceeded with the installation everything loaded correctly, installed all the needed drivers, everything was good, until I installed VMWare Workstation, when I found that Virtualization Is DISABLED !!! tried to access BIOS settings with no luck, always getting System/Video BIOS Shadowed.
tried Recovery button the Novo Button Menu comes up with BIOS Setup but no luck, always getting Phoenix SecureCore Tiano.
Also tried to access UEFI through Windows advanced boot Options, I get System/Video BIOS Shadowed too.
What I don't understand, how did secure boot activate, 'cause I'm 100% sure that I did not activate it, I suspect windows installation process did.
If I put back my old HDD windows loads but then freezes with a BSD (because of secure boot).
Tried to flash the BIOS in windows even that didn't work, I'm out of options 'cause I need Virtualization,
If I change the CPU (Currently I have an intel core i3 2nd gen) with an intel Pentium B960, would that change something or reset BIOS settings !! just a thought.
Thanks in advance.
You talk too much I don't know what you need me to help

My problem is I can't access BIOS Setup, i only get System/Video BIOS Shadowed !
This model not going bios setup if press F2 .Have another button near power switch button shut down laptop and press and laptop turn on and gone bios setup.Here is photo

Download list

1.jpg
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.
You need remove hdd,Dvd rom then try gone or not.

This model not going bios setup if press F2 .Have another button near power switch button shut down laptop and press and laptop turn on and gone bios setup.Here is photo
Thanks for your reply but already tried that, the recovery button does work, and the NOVO button Menu shows up, but nothing works, except the NORMAL Startup option.

That's all I get, tried all sorts of combinations.
00050845.jpg

00050842.jpg

00050843.jpg
00050844.jpg

Latest posts

Back