What's new

BIOS Dell OptiPlex 3020M PIH81R / Dogfish_Entry 13124-1

bought cpu with wrong bios (arrived with bios for 3020 desktop) , i am trying restore the correct bios, in fact with the wrong bios almost works except ethernet and some alerts but boot still boot
You mean no old BIOS backups

Download list

IMG_20200211_110038.jpg
already tried clear me 25L64 (mine is 25L6473e by the way), same thing, please check attached image when try update bios with official utility (of course fails)

edit: not same bios running (up) 3020 rev A15 i want 3020M rev a15 (note missing m)
I do not understand what you are doing

you Programming or update? and PC error what?

I do not understand what you are doing

you Programming or update? and PC error what?

1.- received computer with wrong bios (3020 desktop), then i tried fix flashing extracted bios.bin and then (i killed it) black screen
2.- with a ch341a programmer flash this rom: https://vinafix.com/attachments/optiplex-3020m-a15-bin-zip.108074/ of here and not works, system power on but without video.
3.- Download 3020 A15 rom from anywhere (for tower model) flash it and works partially; system boots, but missing ethernet, and several errors or alerts at startup.
4.- Tried update or flash the correct bios version with official utility but is not possible because says "this rom is for different model"
5.- I want only flash the adequate rom for my computer DELL 3020M Micro, thanks

tested

**** MANUFACTURING MODE ACTIVE ****

its revision 3020 A20 but same errors and again no ethernet, the mac info in bios is filled with FF´s

if no possible fix ethernet device y startup errors, at least you can help me to hide this errors?

-remove alert for rear fan (the 3020m only have a cpu fan)
-remove alert about front I/O cables
-reduce time before of DELL boot screen (hangs about 1 minute)

Thanks

You do not need to care about the ultimate purpose version is the working PC

1. Not working PC, for that i paid you for support.
2. The ROM https://vinafix.com/attachments/optiplex-3020m-a15-bin-zip.108074/ is NOT full A15 version because Intel Me version is 9.1.0.1120 while the A15 version (from DELL) have 9.1.37.1002
3. Ethernet device not was working because ME version; with UEFITool extract Me 9.1.37.1002 region from A15 bios and replace in the 3020 Desktop bios (without M), flashed it with flashrom and now ethernet is FIXED.

no problem 3020 or 3020m only need it same motherboard code.

NO, almost same code therefore there is a different bios for each.

Still investigating over remain issues:

-remove alert for rear fan (the 3020m only have a cpu fan)
-remove alert about front I/O cables
-reduce time before of DELL boot screen (hangs about 1 minute) FIXED too

Latest posts

Back