What's new

Help Tips Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QS-HN103T no rgb backlight keyboard

777Jacek777

Registered member
Hello,

I am having a problem with the RGB backlighting on my Asus Rog Zephyrus G15 GA503QS-HN103T keyboard.

Initially, the laptop came with a non-RGB keyboard, but it was replaced with an RGB model. Some missing components on the board, such as Q3505, Q3502 (PMDXB600UNE), R3511, R3509 (100kΩ resistors), R3564, R3574, R3104, R3107 (0Ω resistors) were added. Resistors R3106 and R3108 were also removed from the board.

After these changes, the keyboard still only lights up in one color, red.

Does anyone know if there are other modifications that need to be made to the board? Is this included in the BIOS or in the IT8259E-248A firmware?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Hello again,

I have reprogrammed the BIOS using the firmware from the link in the previous post.

I am not sure if the situation has improved because when I start the laptop, the system asks for a Bitlocker key that I don't physically have. The drive is encrypted. Where in the BIOS firmware is the key stored?
Additionally, the phrase "GA503QS" appears 15 times in the firmware, as well as the P/N 15 times and the S/N 16 times. Is this how it should be?
Can you help me with this?

Thank you.

Hello again,

I have reprogrammed the BIOS using the firmware from the link in the previous post.

I am not sure if the situation has improved because when I start the laptop, the system asks for a Bitlocker key that I don't physically have. The drive is encrypted. Where in the BIOS firmware is the key stored?
Additionally, the phrase "GA503QS" appears 15 times in the firmware, as well as the P/N 15 times and the S/N 16 times. Is this how it should be?
Can you help me with this?

Thank you.
do you mean when removing the drive Bitlocker still appears ?

The BIOS was reprogrammed using the firmware from the forum.
The system was cleanly installed. RGB lighting is still not working.
AURA SYNC does not detect the RGB keyboard.
Is there anything else that needs to be changed on the board?
What could be the reason for this?
Does anyone have any idea?

The BIOS was reprogrammed using the firmware from the forum.
The system was cleanly installed. RGB lighting is still not working.
AURA SYNC does not detect the RGB keyboard.
Is there anything else that needs to be changed on the board?
What could be the reason for this?
Does anyone have any idea?
double check that you have programmed the correct BIOS model?
The exact model is printed on the sticker on the ram slot

double check that you have programmed the correct BIOS model?
I programmed version 309 and updated the BIOS to 413.
No change whatsoever.
Do you have any other BIOS batch?
I need the GA503QR model because this model came out with RGB lighting.
I don't think it will work on others.
The exact model is printed on the sticker on the ram slot
There is no sticker.

Last edited:
Now I know exactly what BIOS firmware I'm looking for.

Does anyone have a working BIOS dump for the GA503QR-211 ZG15 model? This model was released in the US market and is one of the few with an RGB backlit keyboard.

I downloaded the GA503QR update package from Asus support, extracted and trimmed it, but I think due to the download location, I ended up with the European package and RGB is not included.

Is it possible that the RGB function is only activated when the serial number is from the US location?

Thank you and best regards.

Thank you, but your file is identical to what I did with the update file.
Nonetheless, I decided to check it and the result is the same as in the picture.
I think a coherent BIOS dump from a working GA503QR-211 ZG15 is necessary. I don't see any other way.

rgb.jpeg

Hi,
Summary:
BIOS flash didn't change anything.
Regardless of the BIOS stock on pin 2 and 5 of the Q3503 there is a nice square wave signal. There is no signal on pins 2 and 5 of Q3502 and Q3505.
The only thing I managed to do was change the color of the backlight from white to red.
Perhaps the ITE software is responsible for the RGB lighting. Thank you for trying to help.
Regards.

Back