What's new

Asus X550DP x750dp rev2

No WinKey? So damaged backup or WinKey is in KBC? I mean "DMI Data" like winkey, sn, mac, etc.
In file from 1st post I see in BIOS sn: SSN12345678901234567

I think you don't understand the problem, you need to find a way to add non-extracting information, all information is available on the case without extracting.

Probabbly we cant understand each other. As I know datas like serial number or windows key for windows 8/8.1/10 are written to SPI BIOS IC usually. And if I'll replace original damaged firmware by firmware from this 1st post without changing data, Windows installed on hard drive will be not activated probabbly.
Thats why I want to swap this DATA from backup to file from 1st post.
But I cant find hex positions to change because they are encrypted I think.

Probabbly we cant understand each other. As I know datas like serial number or windows key for windows 8/8.1/10 are written to SPI BIOS IC usually. And if I'll replace original damaged firmware by firmware from this 1st post without changing data, Windows installed on hard drive will be not activated probabbly.
Thats why I want to swap this DATA from backup to file from 1st post.
But I cant find hex positions to change because they are encrypted I think.
Not all laptops have a win license, how do you know this model has a win key in the BIOS?

I suspect that because under cover I have label with Windows 8 logo (without license) and I think Windows 8 was preinstalled on this machine, and if I cant see label with license, windows key should be in SPI BIOS IC or EC IC.

I suspect that because under cover I have label with Windows 8 logo (without license) and I think Windows 8 was preinstalled on this machine, and if I cant see label with license, windows key should be in SPI BIOS IC or EC IC.
This is an old model that cannot have win 8 licenses
you do not have an illusion

As I see this notebook debiutet in 2013, and Windows 8 in 2012. Nevermind. Maybe there is no WinKey in this SPI. Thanks :)

Please not care version
you can update it in win or cmos

why need update ?

Latest posts

Back