What's new

Ask Unlock Hidden Menus in BIOS

Question & Answer Forums

plnewton

Registered member
Hi,

I have a Panasonic Tablet that has a hidden menu called Optional Kit Configuration in the BIOS to enable the PCI M.2 slot for 4G LTE Cards, when you enter an ID number in this menu it then shows the Wireless WAN option in the bios

I have extracted the bios with AFUWIN and looked opened it in AMIBCP and I can see the menu options in the BIOS file which I simply expected them to be set to not show but they are in fact set to show,

I have set the option to USER and then re-write the chip and it does show the menu but when input the WWAN settings it does not actually do anything, I still cant see the WWAN card in windows

the only thing I can think of is if there is a special key sequence in order for them to display

I have also used a BIOS dump from another model (with WWAN enabled) and cleaned ME then wrote that to the chip, I can confirm that the WWAN card is recognised in windows so it is not a limitation of the board, it is only in original BIOS

Obviously I can use this BIOS dump but I would like to retain original serial number and windows product key etc

Here is a link to the BIOS dump:

If someone can take a look I would really appreciate it

Thanks

Back