What's new

SVOD1 programmer cannot detect NPCE388 on LA-D471P

abuholm

Registered member
Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hello, I am having issues with programming NPCE388 on LA-D471P.. the EC was shorted on the motherboard with other components. All faulty parts have been replaced and there is 3v/5v on the board. What is left with is programming NPCE388. Ufortunately the EC is not being detected. I have checked all the programmer cable connections and everything is intact. I have also checked the EC and all pins are securely soldered and there is voltage on the chip. Error code I'm getting is "IDCODE:0000 Nuvoton series not detcted''. Programmer works ok and I'm using version 9.0.0.5. Any help will be appreciated

Hello, I am having issues with programming NPCE388 on LA-D471P.. the EC was shorted on the motherboard with other components. All faulty parts have been replaced and there is 3v/5v on the board. What is left with is programming NPCE388. Ufortunately the EC is not being detected. I have checked all the programmer cable connections and everything is intact. I have also checked the EC and all pins are securely soldered and there is voltage on the chip. Error code I'm getting is "IDCODE:0000 Nuvoton series not detcted''. Programmer works ok and I'm using version 9.0.0.5. Any help will be appreciated
It's hard to judge, SVOD have support list available this model?

Well, something unexpected just happened.. after giving up all hope of programming the EC controller, I reassembled the laptop and after, decided to power it and lo and behold, the screen lighted up with the LENOVO logo..which leads me to thinking that maybe Lenovo laptops have self recovery like Asus, considereing the fact that it was a new EC that was soldered on the board.. hope somebody can confirm..

Well, something unexpected just happened.. after giving up all hope of programming the EC controller, I reassembled the laptop and after, decided to power it and lo and behold, the screen lighted up with the LENOVO logo..which leads me to thinking that maybe Lenovo laptops have self recovery like Asus, considereing the fact that it was a new EC that was soldered on the board.. hope somebody can confirm..
this quite explains the phenomenon I ever had with a Lenovo laptop whose programmable EC I ever changed which I did not reprogrammed yet worked. What this means therefore is that, the EC firmware which is located in a section of the main bios gets dumped into the EC.

Latest posts

Back