What's new

Toshiba P50-B-108 VG20SQG/20CQG MB REV: 2.1

Hello guys, i disabled the discrete GPU on this motherboard and the laptop takes 4 / 5 min to shutdown !

1. Remove two coils (L8702, L8701)
2. resistor (R3021 to the place of R3020)

Anyone knows this bug ?

If enable GPU, shutdown normally !
Have you found a solution?

Hello guys, i disabled the discrete GPU on this motherboard and the laptop takes 4 / 5 min to shutdown !

1. Remove two coils (L8702, L8701)
2. resistor (R3021 to the place of R3020)

Anyone knows this bug ?

If enable GPU, shutdown normally !
yes it takes 4 to 5 minutes to shutdown

anyone knows this?

you need try more BIOS other compare and check hardware
with Enable GPU Shutdown Normal when instll GPU driver System Freeze After discreate to UMA take 4 to 5 minutes to Shutdown
bios is original not yet change

Same problem as others have reported.
I've disabled the gpu by removing the chokes and moving the resistor. System works perfectly but it takes 4-5 minutes to standby, hybernate or shutdown
I've tried toshiba P55T-a bios (similar board, UMA), doesn't POST. I've tried clean bios from P50-B directly from toshiba website and same problem. All the P50-B P55t family uses the exact same bios because all of them have an amd gpu.
Any ideas?

che
Same problem as others have reported.
I've disabled the gpu by removing the chokes and moving the resistor. System works perfectly but it takes 4-5 minutes to standby, hybernate or shutdown
I've tried toshiba P55T-a bios (similar board, UMA), doesn't POST. I've tried clean bios from P50-B directly from toshiba website and same problem. All the P50-B P55t family uses the exact same bios because all of them have an amd gpu.
Any ideas?
check hardware

If I re-enable the GPU, the system shutsdown perfectly (but crashes when any gpu activity is present). The costumer doesn't care about the discrete graphics

Just like pcclinic, yasir, luis amaral, I did the discrete to UMA conversion. System works perfectly without the AMD gpu enabled but it doesn't shut down or suspend. We are all looking for a solution. I've spend the last 2 days working on this laptop, trying to mod the bios, removing the vbios module, clean me, reinstall operating system, use CSM mode, etc etc. Nothing works.

Just like pcclinic, yasir, luis amaral, I did the discrete to UMA conversion. System works perfectly without the AMD gpu enabled but it doesn't shut down or suspend. We are all looking for a solution. I've spend the last 2 days working on this laptop, trying to mod the bios, removing the vbios module, clean me, reinstall operating system, use CSM mode, etc etc. Nothing works.

Same here :sob:

Back