What's new

Ask MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX 2 doesn't boot with CPU

Question & Answer Forums

forlx62

Registered member
Hello,

i'm new and come here because i need help to try to repair a mobo for my nephew.

He bought msi b450 tomahawk max 2 but this board doesn't boot with a CPU on the board.
Even, if the CPU is on the board, the LED system blink and never boot.
Without he CPU, the board goes ON and the voltage seems good.

I just have a doubt on SYS_FAN4, i have the next voltages 0V (pin 1), 12.12V (pin 2), 10.7V (pin 3) and 5V (pin 4).
All others Fans (sys/cpu/pump), i have on pin 2 : 6,3 V, others voltages are the same as above.

can anybody say me if those voltages are corrects or not for each fan in particular on pin 2 for sys-fan 4.

As the problem is occurring when i put the CPU on the board , and i have not for the moment another CPU, i'm trying to check if the board is ok by testing voltage.

thanks in advance for your help

TestATXCPU Connector (EPS 12V)CPURAMResultEZ LED OnLED Off
1ConnectedNot connectedOut of the boardOut of the boardOK, good voltagesCPURAM/VGA/BOOT
2ConnectedConnectedOut of the boardOut of the boardOK, good voltagesCPURAM/VGA/BOOT
3ConnectedNot connectedOn the boardOut of the boardKO, variable voltagesRAM/VGA/BOOT blinkingCPU
4ConnectedConnectedOn the boardOut of the boardKO, variable voltagesRAM/VGA/BOOT blinkingCPU
5ConnectedConnectedOut of the boardOn the boardOK, good voltagesCPURAM/VGA/BOOT

so i think the CPU is causing the boot problem.
We have tested the RAM in another motherboard, and the RAM works.

Latest posts

Back