What's new

MEC1633L

i dont try ..but i try new chip 1633 i just soldering and i on pc . the laptop work perfect without programing mec ...... but the problem is the serial number .

i dont try ..but i try new chip 1633 i just soldering and i on pc . the laptop work perfect without programing mec ...... but the problem is the serial number .
Yes you right.New Programmable i/o if new factory programming already no need to program.

Doesn't need to program MEC

The supervisor password is stored in a SMSC MEC1633L of a TPM chip and not in the main UEFI EEPROM.

BIOS is married to the internal TPM chip (SMSC) and contains a unique signature of that.

Resetting this is complex because:

It first involves reading the BIOS and creating a full dump. This is critical as otherwise you are stuffed trying to restore any other BIOS to it.

One has to patch the dumped BIOS binaries and inject a small UEFI program. This program will read the secure eeprom, reset the TPM certificate and password and also rewrite the secure eeprom and reconstruct all data such as writing back serial number, RFID config/UUID/Type/checksums etc.

Flash the patched BIOS dump (this will only function for that TP btw), start the laptop, while the BIOS is loading it will execute the unlock routine in the DXE module and unlock the SVP(supervisor password) and TPM.

Finally, write the original BIOS dump back.

Latest posts

Back