What's new

BIOS HP Omen 17 - UUID update

Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Hi,

I bought a HP Omen laptop. The previous owner told me that it was not working.

The laptop didn't start at all and I concluded that there was something wrong with the mainboard.

I bought a refurbished mainboard (DAG3BBMBCG0 REV. G) and installed it.

The pc works just fine after that, I could install Windows, etc.

But one backup app complaines that the computer UUID is missing and the app doesn't work.

I can see in the BIOS info page that S/N, product name, etc. is missing, and the UUID is all zeroes.

I downloaded the latest BIOS version F.20 from HP and installed it. That didn't help.

The BIOS seem to be locked and I can't edit the missing info.

I've tried the HP Bios Config Utility, following the instructions in the manual, but the BIOS info doesn't change. Tried to set the BIOS to unlocked, add another UUID and S/N, but nothing changed.

So, now I've run out of ideas.

Can anyone advice me how to set the UUID, or maybe provide a fitting BIOS dump?

Why need set UUID ? old bios error what ?
And what happened before?

An important backup application says "Unable to create backup job. Machine doesn't have identifiers".
I assume that missing info in the BIOS is the cause of that.
Please see the attached picture.

IMAG4387.jpg

You can see that the UUID is all zeroes and that some info, like Product Name and is missing.

As I wrote in my first posting, I replaced the mainboard because the laptop didn't start at all.
I have no idea what caused the laptop to fail, maybe overheating, but the seller couldn't (or didn't want to) tell either.

So I bought a refurbished mainboard on Ebay.

After I replaced the mainboard, the computer works fine, except for the problem with the backup app I mentioned.

There is no warranty left so I can't get any help from HP.

An important backup application says "Unable to create backup job. Machine doesn't have identifiers".
I assume that missing info in the BIOS is the cause of that.
Please see the attached picture.

View attachment 123820

You can see that the UUID is all zeroes and that some info, like Product Name and is missing.

As I wrote in my first posting, I replaced the mainboard because the laptop didn't start at all.
I have no idea what caused the laptop to fail, maybe overheating, but the seller couldn't (or didn't want to) tell either.

So I bought a refurbished mainboard on Ebay.

After I replaced the mainboard, the computer works fine, except for the problem with the backup app I mentioned.

There is no warranty left so I can't get any help from HP.
UUID: 000000
The laptop is still working normally, you do not need to care about it.
or you can try bios this

Download list

8MB.BIN.zip
5.6 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back