What's new

HP EliteBook 840 G2 Notebook - BIOS

Sorry, but I have to post all story, cause I have multiple problem.
First, I have elitebook 840 g2 without bios chip (removed from motherboard). So, I don't have original locked bios.
Second, I bought few new (7-8) winbond 25q128fv chips in two stores and I have ch341 black programmer. Every single chip I bought had already some lines written on them ( I don't now how to explain, but you will understand). I can not full erase chip, do I have to do it at all?? I find a tons of bios files but not the single one can verify! All of them - 'chip main memory with the content are in disagreement' or something like that.
Even this one you posted above.
I never had that problem with any other chip. I do not know what I'm doing wrong.
can you help me, please? It's urgent, and I'm desperate

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have to post all story, cause I have multiple problem.
First, I have elitebook 840 g2 without bios chip (removed from motherboard). So, I don't have original locked bios.
Second, I bought few new (7-8) winbond 25q128fv chips in two stores and I have ch341 black programmer. Every single chip I bought had already some lines written on them ( I don't now how to explain, but you will understand). I can not full erase chip, do I have to do it at all?? I find a tons of bios files but not the single one can verify! All of them - 'chip main memory with the content are in disagreement' or something like that.
Even this one you posted above.
I never had that problem with any other chip. I do not know what I'm doing wrong.
can you help me, please? It's urgent, and I'm desperate
That means you can not program the BIOS ?

I write bios file, but when verify - 'chip main memory with the content are in disagreement'. Every single time with every chip I got ( 8 of them- new from two markets). And none of them was completely empty when I bought them, on first reading. I don't know if it's normal or not.
It never happened to me before, with other chips.
So, I do not know does winbond 25q128fv suposed to be fully empty and how to do it? Why every bin file I write on it - can't verify? Could you help me, please?

I write bios file, but when verify - 'chip main memory with the content are in disagreement'. Every single time with every chip I got ( 8 of them- new from two markets). And none of them was completely empty when I bought them, on first reading. I don't know if it's normal or not.
It never happened to me before, with other chips.
So, I do not know does winbond 25q128fv suposed to be fully empty and how to do it? Why every bin file I write on it - can't verify? Could you help me, please?
I can not help, you need to check the connection, check the chip, check the programming tool.....
Note: The BIOS file can not be faulted as above.

Ok, sorry. I will buy another pack of chips. And another programmer.
Could you tell me how to know which bios file is real one for hp elitebook 840g2 6050A2637901-MB-A02? How to be sure which is right one to my laptop, considering I do not have original locked bios? And, considering I have 'another bios' 'small bios' or 'ec bios' i don't now how you call it, should I have both bios files to be 'paired' ?

Ok, sorry. I will buy another pack of chips. And another programmer.
Could you tell me how to know which bios file is real one for hp elitebook 840g2 6050A2637901-MB-A02? How to be sure which is right one to my laptop, considering I do not have original locked bios? And, considering I have 'another bios' 'small bios' or 'ec bios' i don't now how you call it, should I have both bios files to be 'paired' ?
Only check motherboard code and downloads BIOS same code and Programming.

Latest posts

Back