What's new

Ask Help with failed BIOS UPDATE DELL Latitude 5289 2-in-1

Question & Answer Forums

StrongTester

Registered member
Hello friends, some wierd situation is going on. This DELL Latitude 5289 2-in-1 was on bios 1.6.1 and was trying to update to the 1.34.0 but no luck, finally I found out i could update to the 1.13.1 and after that i could upgrade to the most recent. It workrd but doing the update of the latest version, de program said it failed... but its on the new bios version and the computer appears to be working. in Device Manager i have the firmware entry giving an error and that is that... tried again to do the latest update, same happened. Not sure if the computer is fine or is a matter of time before serious troubles come... I am considering doing a massive downgrade to see if i can by two on two updates do the most recent without problems. My fear is, if I do the downgrade with the Dell Installer and the computer just dies... Any ideas what is going on, how it failed the update but the BIOS says its on the most recent that should have failed?

Hello friends, some wierd situation is going on. This DELL Latitude 5289 2-in-1 was on bios 1.6.1 and was trying to update to the 1.34.0 but no luck, finally I found out i could update to the 1.13.1 and after that i could upgrade to the most recent. It workrd but doing the update of the latest version, de program said it failed... but its on the new bios version and the computer appears to be working. in Device Manager i have the firmware entry giving an error and that is that... tried again to do the latest update, same happened. Not sure if the computer is fine or is a matter of time before serious troubles come... I am considering doing a massive downgrade to see if i can by two on two updates do the most recent without problems. My fear is, if I do the downgrade with the Dell Installer and the computer just dies...
sorry i don't understand

sorry i don't understand
Basically, Updating Dell Bios with soft from DELL, gave message of update failed at the end, but the bios updated to the bios i was trying to update to... so if failed, how did it get to the latest update? Should I do a downgrade to the version I was previously?

Back