What's new

Ask FEC POS

Question & Answer Forums
Hello Vinafix Community,

I hope this message finds everyone well. I've encountered a significant challenge with my FEC POS motherboard and require some guidance. After altering the OpROM policy settings in the BIOS (specifically the 'Launch Storage OpROM policy' and 'Launch Video OpROM policy'), my system no longer boots, nor can I access the BIOS setup.

I have attempted several standard recovery procedures, such as using the CLR_CMOS jumper, removing the CMOS battery, and trying to boot from a DOS USB drive, but to no avail. Through my research, I stumbled upon a BIOS .bin file that seems to match my motherboard model (MSH61AP), but I lack a reliable method and the necessary utility to flash the BIOS successfully.

Video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QypRoUH55Y9ZokBe6

I found this thread while searching for solutions and was hoping someone here might assist me with the following:

1. A reliable source to download the AMI Firmware Update Utility compatible with my motherboard.
  2. Detailed instructions on how to use the utility, especially considering that I cannot access the BIOS or boot into any operating system.
  3. Any additional advice or precautions I should be aware of while attempting to flash the BIOS to restore functionality to my motherboard.
For reference, my motherboard serial number is MSH61AP. I appreciate any help you can provide and look forward to resolving this issue with your expert assistance.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Best regards,
Marek

few screenshots from buios when it was working :D Screenshot_3.png
changed these values to something like UEFI first or UEFI... not really sure...
Screenshot_1.png
Wilk PMAP was my USB drive and HDD was already formatted during Win10 install when creating partitions as mentioned above...
Screenshot_2.png

Programming BIOS need have tool like rt809h or Svod

This is the basic knowledge that all techniques need to know when starting repair work.

Do I really need external device for this?
Many years ago I remember fixing dead computer with flashing bios by puting bin file on the disk and hitting some combination of keys on my keyboard:D
When I start this computer I can see first screen so it is not completely dead...
1701246757947.png
also when I hit DEL, it will say Entering BIOS but this is the last thing, then black screen and computer seems to be running... Same behavior after I changed that OpROM values, tried to reset BIOS with jumper and also with taking out battery but still the same result.
Thank you again for your help!!

Latest posts

Back