What's new

BIOS stange issue Samsung NP530U4E

clement

Registered member
Hello Friends !

First of all, thanks for all of your documentations, bios etc. ! Very nice :)

I'm come on this forum because i've a very strange problem with a NP530U4E.
This laptop was a gift from LDLC to my association Atelier Soudé (collaborative electronic repair).

There is black screen when the computer starts but i've plugged it on a TV with HDMI.
First, i've predicted a GPU issue but... now I think is a BIOS issue.

I explain : when I plug the hdmi, the laptop said "press F4" because no disk is present.
So, i hold F4 and look at what it's appear :

ecc6648979ce53088017ebc4006f95e5.jpg

I'm usually a Linux user and I think that is the "windows 8 like" bios, isn't it ?

But all of the colored board is broken, I cannot do anything with that. Juste navigate over the blocks. But nothing worked...
F2, ESC etc. doesn't work.

By holding F10 before start up, I can access to the boot menu, but can't boot on usb (to flash the bios or run Linux) because i've no access on the bios to enable the UEFI mode !
If I hit enter, the colored bios appear again... and again... and again can't do anything.

That's crazy ! It makes me crazy.

I've already try to reset CMOS, change the button battery... RAM etc.

Any idea about that ?

Thanks,
Best regards.

Hi ThienBui,
Thank for your answer.

How is it possible without any access ?

I can't boot from usb and when I click on the security block (or an other block) nothing appear (or sometimes a full green screen).

Hi ThienBui,
Thank for your answer.

How is it possible without any access ?

I can't boot from usb and when I click on the security block (or an other block) nothing appear (or sometimes a full green screen).
GPU error.

Yes, it could be.

I tried a reflow on yesterday but that's taken no effect.

An GPU can just display partial things if it's broken ?

I already have GPU problem on many laptop. There displayed nothing on the laptop screen and on a external screen, and can't do anything. Reflow sometimes worked.
But here I think it's a different issue.

What else should I do to check if this is a GPU error, or BIOS (maybe both) ?

Yes, it could be.

I tried a reflow on yesterday but that's taken no effect.

An GPU can just display partial things if it's broken ?

I already have GPU problem on many laptop. There displayed nothing on the laptop screen and on a external screen, and can't do anything. Reflow sometimes worked.
But here I think it's a different issue.

What else should I do to check if this is a GPU error, or BIOS (maybe both) ?
Just can test both.

Latest posts

Back