What's new

DELL LATITUD 5440 IDB40 LA-M401P

Hello ThienBui,
I downloaded the two files you provided to use because I couldn't enter bios.
First I programmed main bios.bin 32MB, but bios was still locked.
After that I programmed the 16MB file, but when booting I only get Dell screen color test.
So I flashed original bios back, but now the laptop will not boot. Do you have a solution for this problem?
My motherboard is also LA-M401P

Last edited:
so you need unlock and keep Original bios
15$
I ask you if you have a solution to the problem that the laptop doesn't boot with original bios files, after I used the files you provided! Why do you ignore that? If the laptop doesn't boot on original bios files, after using your files, than what do you think a unlocked file will do?
First explain to me why your files made it so that the laptop only boots with dell screen color test, and help me with my question about why laptop doesn't boot after using original bios files. And if you have a good explanation, than it should be more logic to pay for a unlocked file.

I ask you if you have a solution to the problem that the laptop doesn't boot with original bios files, after I used the files you provided! Why do you ignore that? If the laptop doesn't boot on original bios files, after using your files, than what do you think a unlocked file will do?
First explain to me why your files made it so that the laptop only boots with dell screen color test, and help me with my question about why laptop doesn't boot after using original bios files. And if you have a good explanation, than it should be more logic to pay for a unlocked file.
need to determine if it is a BIOS problem

need to determine if it is a BIOS problem
Ofcourse it is. First the laptop worked, but bios lock. After flashing your main bios still bios lock. After also flashing your other file, laptop boot and only show dell screen color test. After flashing back original file, laptop wont boot, only power button lights up, does one reboot, and shuts off. So only thing what whas done is using your files.
So, still same question, what makes your files to only show dell screen color test, and why don't the original files boot the laptop again with bios lock after using your files?

Also, if you don't like to help, just say so. No problem! Your first reply wasn't a answer to my question, but only you who did like to get paid, and second reply alreade whas already answered. You are smart enough.

Ofcourse it is. First the laptop worked, but bios lock. After flashing your main bios still bios lock. After also flashing your other file, laptop boot and only show dell screen color test. After flashing back original file, laptop wont boot, only power button lights up, does one reboot, and shuts off. So only thing what whas done is using your files.
So, still same question, what makes your files to only show dell screen color test, and why don't the original files boot the laptop again with bios lock after using your files?

Also, if you don't like to help, just say so. No problem! Your first reply wasn't a answer to my question, but only you who did like to get paid, and second reply alreade whas already answered. You are smart enough.
Most likely you broke something during bios programming

Back