What's new

Asus X555UB usb not working

Feche

Registered member
I have this laptop and none of the three USB are working, I tried to CMOS but there is no battery on this laptop, someone can help me, thanks

You need check chipset.

The chipset is on the cpu? What should I look for?

Ports are not damaged and they have 5 volts, exept that when I plug in an usb device (cellphone, thumbdrive, etc) it doesn't detect anything. Tried with Windows and Linux and it's the same

The chipset is on the cpu? What should I look for?

Ports are not damaged and they have 5 volts, exept that when I plug in an usb device (cellphone, thumbdrive, etc) it doesn't detect anything. Tried with Windows and Linux and it's the same
I thinh chepset is error you need Reballing or change new.

I thinh chepset is error you need Reballing or change new.

Do you think so? Everything else works fine.

The issue started with the USB3 ports when I connected an USB carry, the carry never started and the USB went dead. The only thing that works is a USB cabled mouse (which is low amperage)

Do you think so? Everything else works fine.

The issue started with the USB3 ports when I connected an USB carry, the carry never started and the USB went dead. The only thing that works is a USB cabled mouse (which is low amperage)
You can check the management chip for USB 3.0, USB 3.0 can need setup add driver.
If all is well the only problem left is the chipset

You can check the management chip for USB 3.0, USB 3.0 can need setup add driver.
If all is well the only problem left is the chipset

Yes it's all installed, I reinstalled Windows and tried with Ubuntu, still not working.

The chipset is ite it8995e-128 or what is that? thanks for your help

Yes it's all installed, I reinstalled Windows and tried with Ubuntu, still not working.

The chipset is ite it8995e-128 or what is that? thanks for your help
You can try, but i think EC not manage USB.

All in one, cpu and chipset.
I see motherboars this all is USB 3.0
You have replaced the USB 3.0 management chip ?

Hi thanks for help
I did rebailing but it still doesn't work
Notebook has 2 usb 3.0 and 1 usb 2.0, none are working.
Can it be a blown fuse or something else? notebook is useless without usb :(

USB 3.0 is only working with USB 3.0 devices! usb 3.0 thumb drive, usb 3.0 carry, etc, usb 2.0 devices are not working, this may help

Hi thanks for help
I did rebailing but it still doesn't work
Notebook has 2 usb 3.0 and 1 usb 2.0, none are working.
Can it be a blown fuse or something else? notebook is useless without usb :(

USB 3.0 is only working with USB 3.0 devices! usb 3.0 thumb drive, usb 3.0 carry, etc, usb 2.0 devices are not working, this may help
Need to check on the motherboard. I can do nothing more... :D

Back