What's new

HP Unlock UEFI Advanced tab / disable BIOS Guard - HP Spectre x360 13-w00XX

Does anyone know how to unlock extra settings under Advanced tab in AMI hp bios? I tried using AMIBCP to set permission to view/edit, but my bios keeps getting rolled back via automatic recovery =P Tried the clear ME version, both the HAP bit and the module deletion. Boots but unstable, ssd turns off after some random time but OS keeps working if on external or in RAM. Tried making my own ME partition with Intel FIT, disabling Boot Guard and PTT. Though makes no difference when I try to load modified bios. It does not seem as though my laptop has Boot Guard enabled, since I cannot find any PEI module inside default bios for crypto check. Seems like TPM is screwing with me. I also tried flashing original bios from hp site without saving any laptop info (SN, CT, etc...), it turns on "Programming Mode" but I didn't see any extra functionallity from it. Is there a special thing for that?

Does anyone know how to unlock extra settings under Advanced tab in AMI hp bios? I tried using AMIBCP to set permission to view/edit, but my bios keeps getting rolled back via automatic recovery =P Tried the clear ME version, both the HAP bit and the module deletion. Boots but unstable, ssd turns off after some random time but OS keeps working if on external or in RAM. Tried making my own ME partition with Intel FIT, disabling Boot Guard and PTT. Though makes no difference when I try to load modified bios. It does not seem as though my laptop has Boot Guard enabled, since I cannot find any PEI module inside default bios for crypto check. Seems like TPM is screwing with me. I also tried flashing original bios from hp site without saving any laptop info (SN, CT, etc...), it turns on "Programming Mode" but I didn't see any extra functionallity from it. Is there a special thing for that?
Advanced not need unlock.

you have problem password or other ?

No, no problem with access. I just want to turn that damn Bios Guard off. I've been trying for some time to port it to Coreboot - Free / Open Source bios implementation. Just want to be sure that my laptops defence doesn't get in the way. That's why I want to see what's in advanced tab.

No, no problem with access. I just want to turn that damn Bios Guard off. I've been trying for some time to port it to Coreboot - Free / Open Source bios implementation. Just want to be sure that my laptops defence doesn't get in the way. That's why I want to see what's in advanced tab.
can send one photo or video problem you say

Comes to think of it, do you know what does Hp's Bios Programming Mode unlocks? Or how do use it per say. It turns on automaticly if no laptop info is embbeded in the bios. I could see no difference, what do you gain from it even?

Comes to think of it, do you know what does Hp's Bios Programming Mode unlocks? Or how do use it per say. It turns on automaticly if no laptop info is embbeded in the bios. I could see no difference, what do you gain from it even?
yes

Latest posts

Back