What's new

HP Elitebook x360 1030 G3 Power On Authentication Password reset?

Got this from HP Support to flash but it won't take it due to the security setup. Does that help? I am willing to go away and do more research, desolder and reprogram the chip if necessary. Apologies for my basic knowledge at this point but it seems as though I am in the right place and am technically minded enough just haven't had to deal with this situation before.

Many thanks,

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum? If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I'm guessing I need to desolder the chip and flash that bin file to it but I could be wrong. Any advice, links or shoves in the right direction? Ie software / hardware interface wise /and / or services please? I'll get there by myself in the end but a little help right now would be great.

Thank you.

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum? If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I'm guessing I need to desolder the chip and flash that bin file to it but I could be wrong. Any advice, links or shoves in the right direction? Ie software / hardware interface wise /and / or services please? I'll get there by myself in the end but a little help right now would be great.

Thank you.
If not a technique, I recommend you bring your computer to the nearest store for good support.

I worked doing technical support, OSM, workshop repairs etc for a large PC manufacturer for nearly 15 years, I'm not dumb, just out of touch and my memory's a bit hazy due to ill health. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Back