What's new

Ask HP EliteBook 1040 x360 G6 - Message on boot: "Warning: Your system is not fully configured. Please contact HP support."

Question & Answer Forums

painfix

Registered member
Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Hello, I recently bought this laptop used and everything works fine. Only problem I'm having is that I get the message "Warning: Your system is not fully configured. Please contact HP support" while the laptop is booting on the loading Sure Start screen. It is highlighted in red. Some things I noticed is that the Product ID in the BIOS is not right, it's literally "1234567#ABA". Also, the serial number in the BIOS doesn't seem to be a valid product on HP websites (like HP partsurfer). The serial number is nowhere on the laptop. I don't care about the serial number really, but I would like to remove the above message that pops up on boot. Is there a way to do that? Searching the web mentions something about SSSM.bat, an hp utility. Can someone help me remove this message?

Nevermind I just resolved the issue by running sssm.bat. I've read others solve it this way before but it wasn't clear where to find this batch file. Well for anyone else looking for this you should download HP's WNDMIFIT tool, I grabbed the latest version of NbDmiFit zip file under Tools and Utilities on this forum. Once extracted there is a folder called "wndmifit" and I found sssm.bat in that folder. I ran it and restarted, the message was gone.

While I'm at it, is there any way to get the laptop's original Serial Number and SKU if they are lost and not printed on the device?

new model WNDMIFIT not support
and This issue is not DMI

you not read ???

answer the question correctly
Well what can I tell you, what I did worked because the message no longer appears. I'm not knowledgeable on bios so I don't know what you mean by "program 16MB to unlock". I asked you to direct me to a resource on what that means. Anyways that doesn't matter now because like I said, the problem is now resolved.

Edit: I just want to add that I reached this solution when I found the following image : nSu1AWa.jpg (836×392) (imgur.com). Kind of looks like it's from an official HP document as well but I'm not sure. Found it in a thread from another forum about the the same issue but a different laptop.

Download list

SureStart Fix.JPG
Last edited:
Back