What's new

HP clear me please HP EliteBook 820 G3 Notebook 6050A2725001-MB-A01

Hi all,
I just registered to the forum. I spent quite a long time searching the web and studying some documents trying to understand how to reset the BIOS password for a HP elitebook 820 G3 I bought second hand. I discovered only later that the BIOS was locked by a password and realized it is impossible to reset the bios password unless you call HP to get a unique smc.bin file or replace the BIOS chip. I am moving on this last solution and I ordered the BIOS chip that is a winbond 25Q128FV. Before doing that I am kindly asking you any advice about this procedure. The vendor told me the chip is loaded with latest firmware and nothing more than replace the chip is required. I want to be sure this is correct and I will note face any other problem. It appears to me that the chip could be missing the basic info about the laptop...am I correct. What should I do in this case?
Is there any other software procedure?

@vince59
It seams you bought a Bios chip with clean ME. I would give it a try.

My question now:
I have 820 G3 and I dumped the BIOS (look at file)
I cleaned the password and flashed it back but the machine flashes 3x times and goes off.
I flashed the original back but the same problem (flashes 3x time and then off) :(

Should I program the 8mb file, too? Or Am I missing something?

Download list

clean.BIN
16 MB · Views: 42

dump820G3.BIN
16 MB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back