What's new

Asus Rampage V Extreme Q-POST code 76.

josembw

Registered member
Hi everyone. The motherboard won´t start properly. The POST code goes from 00 to 14 to 76 and it stays there. Also, the CPU LED stays on solid, the PCIe 1 LED does not light up, LED´s 2 and 3 stay on solid and the PCIe 4 LED blinks constantly. According to the manual, the 76 POST error is due to a problem in the PCH DXE, which is some type of error in the execution of some driver.

What I have tried so far:

1- Reflash the BIOS from the motherboard, (USB BIOS flashback)
2- Reflash the BIOS with external programmer and version 1601 that is here in Vinafix.
3- Update version 1601 to 4101, official using flashback.
5- Place the video Card on PCIe 1 and 4.

I have tried with each BIOS version with the retry button, the safe button, bios reset. The result is the same POST code 76. The CPU I have is an Intel Xeon E5-2620V3. Does anyone have any recommendations to help me solve this please?

Hi everyone. The motherboard won´t start properly. The POST code goes from 00 to 14 to 76 and it stays there. Also, the CPU LED stays on solid, the PCIe 1 LED does not light up, LED´s 2 and 3 stay on solid and the PCIe 4 LED blinks constantly. According to the manual, the 76 POST error is due to a problem in the PCH DXE, which is some type of error in the execution of some driver.

What I have tried so far:

1- Reflash the BIOS from the motherboard, (USB BIOS flashback)
2- Reflash the BIOS with external programmer and version 1601 that is here in Vinafix.
3- Update version 1601 to 4101, official using flashback.
5- Place the video Card on PCIe 1 and 4.

I have tried with each BIOS version with the retry button, the safe button, bios reset. The result is the same POST code 76. The CPU I have is an Intel Xeon E5-2620V3. Does anyone have any recommendations to help me solve this please?
no Understand :(

Hi I have the same issue, but I can provide a full story and where I am at now.
ASUS Z87-PRO came in with a 98 error code, I managed to mess up and write another motherboard BIOS into the flash, it was ASUS Z87-A ver. 1707 first I was happy the motherboard booted and it said something like "BIOS is updating don't turn off...." after it is restarted itself and came back with 76 error code.

Before the flashing the turned off motherboard consumed about 3W and the USB 3 hub was warm, after it is cold and only consume 1W.

I read the BIOS flashback and TPU EEPROM.
- flashback EEPROM just contains the motherboard and flash rom name
- TPU EEPROM I couldn' really tell what it is containing, but probably something went wrong here

I already removed the following parts, but didn't solved the issue:
- intel LAN
- USB3 bridge
- Asmedia SATA controller
- TPU (doesn't start without it so I put it back)

Remaining components:
- Realtek audio (I don't think so)
- IO controller
- Digi+ VRM (I see some possibility here)

Hi I have the same issue, but I can provide a full story and where I am at now.
ASUS Z87-PRO came in with a 98 error code, I managed to mess up and write another motherboard BIOS into the flash, it was ASUS Z87-A ver. 1707 first I was happy the motherboard booted and it said something like "BIOS is updating don't turn off...." after it is restarted itself and came back with 76 error code.

Before the flashing the turned off motherboard consumed about 3W and the USB 3 hub was warm, after it is cold and only consume 1W.

I read the BIOS flashback and TPU EEPROM.
- flashback EEPROM just contains the motherboard and flash rom name
- TPU EEPROM I couldn' really tell what it is containing, but probably something went wrong here

I already removed the following parts, but didn't solved the issue:
- intel LAN
- USB3 bridge
- Asmedia SATA controller
- TPU (doesn't start without it so I put it back)

Remaining components:
- Realtek audio (I don't think so)
- IO controller
- Digi+ VRM (I see some possibility here)
Please buy one VIP Dowwnloads and get support
Account upgrades

Back