What's new

BIOS A1708 ECM3164 820-00840-A and CH341A Compatibility

Hello there,

I would like to reprogram an EFI locked chip on a MacBook Pro A1708 ECM3164 820-00840-A, and I would also like to know which programmer can I use to do this ? I know I need a SPI J6100 cable but I don't know which programmer should I take.. I've seen this one :

a CH341A would be compatible with an "MX25L6473EZNI" chip ?

Thank you in advance

Hello there,

I would like to reprogram an EFI locked chip on a MacBook Pro A1708 ECM3164 820-00840-A, and I would also like to know which programmer can I use to do this ? I know I need a SPI J6100 cable but I don't know which programmer should I take.. I've seen this one :

a CH341A would be compatible with an "MX25L6473EZNI" chip ?

Thank you in advance
I do not use this tool to buy it you need to work with the seller first.

What do you mean by " you need to work with the seller first" ?

Also, do you know if I could just buy a pre-programmed chip, desolder the locked chip and solder the new chip ? Thank you very much

What do you mean by " you need to work with the seller first" ?

Also, do you know if I could just buy a pre-programmed chip, desolder the locked chip and solder the new chip ? Thank you very much
It is unlikely that the new chip will work as well as the original BIOS chip. friend, you try to read BIOS and post here I will help unlock

Okay thank you for your answer, but what tool I need to read the BIOS of the original chip ? Do I need a programmer ? If yes, which one should I use to read the BIOS on the chip ? Thank you

Okay thank you for your answer, but what tool I need to read the BIOS of the original chip ? Do I need a programmer ? If yes, which one should I use to read the BIOS on the chip ? Thank you
On google there are many instructions you can find for checking RT809H or SVOD ..
this is a technical problem you need to find and learn for yourself i can't help more ..

Latest posts

Back