- TinkerTool System
- 23.49 MB
- Loại ứng dụng:
- Phần mềm
Name: TinkerTool System
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.10 or higher
The quick help feature now additionally contains web links to official Apple support documents for all panes and tab items where this makes sense.
By user request, several frequently used functions can now be started or opened via the context menu of the Dock icon.
The User pane has been split. Functions related to user privacy are now on a separate pane.
Added new feature to detect and remove ad-injection software of the Downlite (VSearch) type.
Added new feature to detect and remove ad-injection software of the Conduit (Trovi, MyBrand, Search Protect) type.
Added new feature to detect and remove ad-injection software of the Genieo (InstallMac) type.
Added new feature to check if the Finder is capable of copying symbolic links that have Extended Attributes.
Added new feature to compare a selected Time Machine backup with the current data set. This is useful to detect defects in Time Machine.
Added new feature to control the policy whether OS X screen sharing should protect the privacy of the active user.
Added new feature to disable automatic logins even if FileVault 2 is enabled.
Added new feature to enable Apple’s basic screen saver for the login screen and to modify the message it displays.
Added new feature to hide selected local user accounts in the user list of the login screen.
Added new feature to control whether the SMB file server should support Access Control List permissions.
Added new feature to reset the privacy decisions that control which applications have permission to access personal user data in specific domains.
Several aspects of the user interface to modify legacy HFS attributes for file system items have been enhanced.
Corrected a problem where the application could show an inaccurate error message regarding the "PrivilegedHelperTools" folder when launching for the first time on a fresh installation of OS X Yosemite.
Added a workaround for a problem with OS X Yosemite which could result in identifying the MacBook Pro 13-inch (Mid 2012) model series as 15-inch model and vice versa.
Corrected a problem where the application could show an inaccurate date of production for specific Macintosh model series.
Courtesy of The Shark
TinkerTool System 4 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant. This includes:
TinkerTool System 4
• built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
• extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder,
• the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
• genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
• an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
• features to protect your privacy, e.g. by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account,
• functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.