Name: OS X Server
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.10.1 or higher
• Updated for OS X Yosemite and iOS 8.
• SMB3 is the new default protocol for sharing files in OS X Yosemite. SMB3 helps protect against tampering and eavesdropping by encrypting and signing data “in-flight.”
• Caching Server supports IP address range registration for caching content in non-NAT’ed networks.
• Profile Manager support for new features in iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, including Handoff and push install of OS X enterprise apps and iOS media assets including PDF, ePub, and iBooks Author files.
• Redesigned Mail Server interface for setting up email for multiple domains.
• Meeting room addresses can be stored in Calendar Server, allowing clients to associate map locations and travel times.
• Simplified setup of Xsan volumes and clients using the Server application and Configuration Profiles.
• Server now performs network diagnostic tests to verify that your server is accessible from the Internet. Network diagnostic tests verify reachability by checking your server's host name, service ports, and DNS MX records.
• Firewall and user/group-based service access controls can now be defined in the Access tab of Server pane. Access restrictions can be applied in multiple levels — for all networks, local networks, this Mac, custom networks, and specific users and groups.
• Xcode Server compatibility with Xcode 6.
• Improved graphs and visual stats.
Courtesy of C.O.R.E
OS X Server is the next generation of Apple’s award winning server software. Designed for OS X and iOS devices, OS X Server makes it easy to share files, schedule meetings, synchronize contacts, develop software, host your own website, publish wikis, configure Mac, iPhone and iPad devices, remotely access your network, and more.
Server is now an application you can add to Mavericks directly from the Mac App Store. Anyone can quickly and easily turn a Mac running Mavericks into a server that’s perfect for home offices, businesses, schools, developers, and hobbyists alike.
• File sharing for Mac, PC, and iPad
• Standards-based SMB2, AFP, and WebDAV file services
• Flexible file permissions
• Spotlight searching
• Mobile device management for Mac and iOS devices
• Simplified management and deployment of iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks
• Distribution of institution licensed Apps and Books purchased from the Volume Purchase Program
• Web-based administration console
• Self-service user portal for clearing passcodes, remote lock and wipe
• Speed up the download of software distributed by Apple
• Locally cache Apps, Books, iTunes U, Software Updates and OS X Recovery images
• Fault tolerant design with multi-server cache replication and load balancing
• No client configuration required
• Use Xcode 5 to create continuous integration bots that build, analyze, and test on any Mac running OS X Server
• Configure bots to integrate at a specific time, or continually as code is committed to the repository
• Automate testing of OS X and iOS apps, executing on multiple connected iOS devices
• Host your own Git repositories on OS X Server, or connect to remote Git or Subversion hosts
• Remotely access detailed integration summaries and nightly builds using the Web interface
• Provide a backup destination for Mac computers on your network
• Monitor which computers have backed up, when they last backed up and size of backup
• Set limits on the amount of Time Machine storage a user can use.
• Share calendars, schedule meetings and events, and book conference rooms
• Standards-based CalDAV server for access from Mac, iPad, iPhone and PC
• View availability with free/busy lookups
• Email invitations and push notifications
• Synchronize contacts with Mac, iPad and iPhone
• Allow multiple users to access and update contacts
• Standards-based CardDAV server
• Point-and-click page edit to change formatting, insert images, movies and attachments
• Access controls
• Tags and comments
• Revision history
• Document sharing
• Quick Look previews
• Standards-based SMTP, IMAP and POP server
• Push notifications
• SSL encryption
• Adaptive junk mail filtering
• Virus detection and quarantine
Virtual Private Network
• Remote access for your network services
• Encrypted VPN connections for Mac, iPad, iPhone and PC
• Block-level SAN file sharing with concurrent read/write access
• Xsan volume hosting and configuration
• Volume management, storage pooling, stripping, and volume mapping
• Real-time monitoring, graphs, and event notifications
• Metadata controller failover and file system journaling
• Local and remote management
• Users and group settings
• View real-time graphs of server usage
• Receive alerts on network changes, certificate expiration, storage usage, and more.
Other great OS X Server features
• NetInstall to automate OS X installations and upgrades across your network
• Web server for hosting multiple websites
• Messages server to encrypt instant messaging within your organization
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply. Some features require program enrollment. Some features are not available in all countries.
Utilities OS X Server 4.1.3
OS version: 10.10.1 or higher